Monday 23 April 2012

Echo Falls Red

In this first entry of plonk review I decided to purchase and consume some of the most commonly available low price booze on the market, that being Echo Falls "red".  The official blurb for this particular falling down water describes the contents of this companies bottle as "delightfully fruity" and " Soft and round with hints of ripe plums, black cherries".  Sadly for me these descriptions must be the musings of a mental advertising executive as the wine I drank was far from this mellow description .  At first glance the contents of the bottle looks vaguely like the insipid juice of a bruised sloe and when smelled, the brain starts screaming warnings about the potential contents.  Do you remember that smell of old lady perfume or lilac talcum power?  On first taste you get a overwhelming sense of drinking a combination of the former and some hideous chemical grittiness that makes your tongue itch.  The second, "after taste" is just as hideous and grasps the back of you throat, literally making your gag reflux throb, your throat screaming for release from the clinging torture that is this putrid crap.   It coats your mouth, your throat , your teeth, its just very very unpleasant indeed.  A few months back I was at my local having a pleasant evening with friends, when one unsuspecting individual ordered a glass of red for me.  Kind as this was, the taste of the wine in question made me want to throw up so hard it would have dislodged my eyeballs. I put it down to the 4 pints of "Cornish Rattler" I had previously necked but alas, on return to this boozer last night I noticed proudly displayed behind the bar of battle of this toilet water just glaring at me threatening to pickle my insides into porridge like mush.  So in summary, if you want to die with a taste of perfume in your mouth then Echo Falls red is your man, otherwise avoid as if you very existence depended on it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment